My all time favorite breakfast dish in the entire world has quickly become a thanksgiving day tradition for our family! For the last 3 years, it’s been the breakfast dish of choice and i’m so excited to share the recipe with you all! Super easy, no overnight prep necessary and is done in an hour!
- 1 large loaf of french bread (Cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can of blueberry pie filling
- 1 package of cream cheese softened
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups (or more if desired) fresh blueberries (Or frozen if out of season)
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter cold and cubbed
- Tools needed- 9×13 pan, whisk and large bowl, measuring cups!
- preheat over to 350
- spray your 9×13 pan with cooking spray or butter
- Line the dish with your cubed loaf bread
- Take your cream cheese and mix into your bread cubes until throughly mixed and no chunks left
- Combine milk, eggs, sugar, salt, cinnamon and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until mixed throughly
- Pour mixture over your bread cubes
- Take your pie filling and spread over the dish until top is evenly coated
- Sprinkle blueberries all over dish
- Prepare streusel topping by whisking your brown sugar, flour & cinnamon together. Slowly add in cubed butter until it is combined with the mixture and makes a streusel topping.
- Sprinkle topping onto the dish right before putting into over
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Take out and serve warm. Pro tip- Bake this as a dessert after dinner and serve with vanilla ice cream!
Hope you guys enjoy! As always, if you try the recipe and love, be sure to let me know!